Thursday was Earth Day. I had big plans for a post, but crying infants used their powers of persuasion to convince me to do other things.
I love Earth Day. I love Earth Day because I love the Earth. I consider myself a fairly green person, though surprisingly, I feel like I’ve slacked since having kids. You’d think I’d be more diligent with the whole “our kids will inherit the Earth” argument. I think I’ve only focused on one thing since the twins made their debut back in Feb, but Earth Day was here to remind me how important it is for me to re-double my efforts.
Below is a list of things I do to to help make a difference here on OUR planet:
- Recycle paper and bottles
- Limit meat consumption (thinking of returning to vegetarian diet)
- Keep lights off when not in room
- Trying different types of compostable diapers (we are still using the bad ones consistently. Yikes!)
- Limit shopping for new items/ take hand-me-downs
- Buy local/organic groceries as much as we can
- Use green/sustainable beauty products such Aveda, Burt’s Bees, Dr. Bronners
- Use recycled products such as toilet paper and aluminum foil
This list looks…almost pathetic. I swear I was making a difference! Hmmm…well, I think the biggest thing I can do is stop eating so much meat, so I will make that my first step. But first I have to finish all the meat in my freezer. It wouldn’t be very green to discard already purchased meat, now would it???